A very delicious Bread Rasamalai recipe. See how to make it in a simple and easy method. Check and try to make it.
Whole Milk-1 litre
White bread slices-6
Cashew nut (crushed/ powder)-10 to 12
Pistachio(chopped)-10 to 12
Almonds(chopped)-8 to 10
The preparation of Bread Rasmalai:
Turn on the flame and put the milk pan on the gas stow. Increase the flame to high and allow the milk to come to boil. Once milk starts boiling reduce the flame to low and stir the milk. Stir it with a spoon. Now boil the milk on low flame till it reduces half of the quantity. It takes 25 minutes on low flame. Keep stirring in between.
When milk has reduced till half of the original quantity, let’s add sugar and dried fruits. Add sugar, cashews, half of the chopped almond, half of the chopped pistachio and we will add saffron. Mix it properly. We will use remaining dried fruits for garnishing. Keep boiling the milk and dried fruits still it has reduced to ¼ of its original quantity. Keep stirring in between to ensure that it doesn’t stick on the sides and bottom of the pan.
Dip the sliced bread into the milk mixture, gently dip it and flip it in the milk mixture for a minute. Take out the soaked bread slices into the serving plate. Pour some milk mixture on it. Now our bread Rasamai is almost ready. Let’s garnish it with chopped almond, chopped pistachio, and saffron. You may serve it after keeping it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
Kinnathappam is an authentic South Indian dessert. Kinnathappam, which can be translated to English as ‘kinnam’ which means ‘plate’ and ‘appam’ means ‘cake’. This is made in a stainless steel plate.
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Egg – 1 cup
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Chicken or Beef – ½ cup
Onion – 1
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Teaspoon
Red chili powder – ½ Teaspoon
Garam Masala powder – ½ Teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ Teaspoon
Black pepper powder – ¼ Teaspoon
Curry leaves –
Coconut Oil – 1 Teaspoon
- Put the rice soaked in water for four hours
- Cook chicken/Beef with Salt, Garam masala powder and black pepper powder, and make it shredded
- Grind rice adding with egg, Coconut milk and salt (Don’t be thick too much)
- Our batter is read for Kinnathappam
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add Slightly chopped Onion to this pan and stir it well
- Add Salt, Ginger Garlic paste and Curry leaves and stir it well
- Add Red chili powder, Garam masala powder Turmeric powder and black pepper powder
- Get these masala powders mixed well until rows smell has gone
- Add cooked chicken/Beef and mix it well
- Now our masala ready for Kinnathappam, Keep it aside.
Now we are going to make Kinnathappam with this batter and masala. See how to do it with step by step.
- Boil water in a steamer.
- Grease the stainless steel plate with ghee.
- Pour some batter into this stainless steel plate and spread some Chicken or Beef masala on it.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for one minute.
- Pour some batter again on it and put some Chicken/Beef masala.
- Repeat this process until our batter and masala have been finished.
- At last, add chopped coriander leaves and chopped carrot on the top of Kinnathappam.
- Cook it for 20 minutes.
- Let cool down and slice into wedges and serve.
- Leftover Kinnathappams can be kept in the refrigerator, it tastes better when chilled
If you don’t have a steamer, don’t worry follow the below method:
Fill ¼ of a wide bottomed vessel/pan with water.
Cover the plate/pan with the batter with aluminum foil.
Place the plate into the vessel and cover it with its lid.
Steam cook in medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes.